Make sure you answer these 8 questions in your sketchbook:
1. Who is your artist?
2. Where is the artist from?
3. Who influenced or inspired the artist?
4. What did the artist do? (accomplishments)
Style and Subject Matter Questions:
5. What media was used by the artist?
6. What style and subject matter were used by the artist?
7. Where are important works located and what are they?
8. Find illustrations or visuals of actual works of art by your artist
This week we will be working on an Artist Research Poster. We will spend 3 days in the computer lab to gather facts and examples of the artist's work. Students will choose an artist from the list below.
We continued where we left off with the project due to our Wintery weather. Students used paint washes to add value to their composition.
They completed an Assessment and Reflection for the project on Friday. Students turned in their art work on Friday as well.
Students transferred their best sketch to drawing paper and created a contour drawing of their tree roots and symbols. They added their lyrics in the background of the composition. Sharpie was used to draw over the contour drawing.
Due to the inclement weather, students are behind on their project.
Students went through their song lyrics and circled the nouns that repeat. They created symbols to represent at least 4 of the nouns in their song.
They created 3 thumbnails sketches of tree roots in their sketchbook. The symbols were drawn in the negative space between the roots.
What's new in class?